Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Turkish Wine?

While on my trip to Turkey, I've had the chance to try some Turkish wine...

My thoughts....

It is difficult to find a spittoon.  I think the thought of spitting wine doesn't sit right with them...or no one really does it there..I'm not sure.

They serve you tastings in these tiny glasses which is probably not the best way to show your wine.  Basically, you can't swirl, you don't get much on the nose..it just isn't a good way to show off your wine...

I did find a grape, Emir, which was quite interesting.  Good acidity, good texture...quite an interesting wine...Apparently it doesn't age well but this is the first time I've tried so..

There were some other really random grapes that I hadn't heard of and they were not all that pleasing....Like a bad Chambourcin or funny Gamay...

Overall, most of the wine I've tried in Turkey was not very good...I suppose there is a reason why you don't see it outside of Turkey..

No comments:

Post a Comment