Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Mac Forbes Riesling

Mac Forbes Strathbogie Riesling 2011
I'm generally impressed by most of Mac Forbes stuff...Some of it is just ok but I find the rieslings to be very interesting and in general, the wines to just be of very high quality.

The 2011 Strathbogie Riesling has 19 g/L of RS which is a fair amount, especially for Australia, but the great acidity really helps cut through that and provides a wonderful balance.  Slight petrol on the nose but not overpowering, toasty lemon notes, some bruised apple.  The palate has some slight grip to it which suggests extended skin contact although I don't know if that was really the case. I know their EB version does have this, would be interesting to see if this has any at all.

Overall, quite an enjoyable Aussie Riesling....I actually find the RS/Acidity/Fruit to be well integrated compared to most Aussie Rieslings.  90 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment