Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Year

Can't believe it is has been almost 3 months (or more) since my last post...Terrible of me to be honest..

Lots of things happening with the holidays makes it tough but surely there was enough wine to talk about :).

Meerea Park Alexander Munro Semillon 2005.
Served blind...smelled a bit like aged Sem but more like aged Riesling..some toasty notes and lemon curd on the nose..On the palate it had great acidity and good depth of flavor....actually had a little bit of grip as well which is why I went away from Semillon and towards Tassie Riesling....Best way to be right at blind tastings is to not guess what I guess :).

Overall a really nice showing by this wine...They're released after 5 years from vintage and they show great development and acidity.

I think more people like MP for their reds..but I think their whites have been their best wines for quite awhile now...

Good Chardonnay...and two great Semillons...

No comments:

Post a Comment