Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Glenguin School House Block 2009

Glenguin is a small winery located in Broke (Hunter Valley). Most of their wine is a few hundred cases each so definitely a very boutique Winery. I believe most (or maybe all) of their wine is still made by Rhys Eather of Meerea Park. The actual winery itself is own and operated by Robin Tedder MW.

Glenguin School House Block 2009 Shiraz.
I believe this actually has a small amount of Viognier (although it doesn't list it). I get a little floral as well as that umami (savoriness) that I associate with Shiraz Viognier. Really nice red fruits on the nose, a bit of leather and flowers. Decent acidity, this is still a very young wine. Red fruits on the palates that gives away to some leather, and salty/savory. Relatively silky tannins.. To be honest, I'm not much of a Hunter Valley Shiraz Viognier fan....I much prefer Canberra SV but this represents the Hunter very well, I think most people (Wine geeks and non wine geeks) would like this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment