Search This Blog

Saturday, December 8, 2012

What would you buy with $200 AUD?

My friends here in Australia were kind enough to give me a great gift which was a gift card to Dan Murphys...

Now, on one hand, I have too much wine as it is and at some point I'll be moving back to the US so if anything, I should be getting RID of my wine.  Instead I have bought 6 bottles of Leasingham Bin 8 Riesling (which is made in a Kabinett Style) because the were dirt dirt cheap from Winestar at 5 dollars each...and I figure they'd be good for Indian, Thai and my wife who likes a bit of RS.  So with this very generous gift I need to think of something to get....

There are several things I know I won't get...which is stuff I have bought in the US for significantly less..so that removes any Rockford or Clonakilla from the mix.

I also don't want to buy anything that I can get overseas for less..so basically any import is automatically a no (except maybe NZ but not likely NZ).

Stuff I'm considering:

Mt. Edelstone
Bass Phillip Premium if available

Lethbridge stuff although this would be on the lower end  which is not what I want...If they  carried the Allegra, Mietta or Indra I'd be all over it...

If I'm going down that route I could also look at Yabby Lake, Ten Minutes by Tractor, etc...but I would like to avoid buying several bottles as I still don't know how I'd get them back to the US. 

Anyone have any suggestions?  

No comments:

Post a Comment