Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chocolate shop?

So I had the opportunity to try this wine called Chocolate Shop.  It is actually a California wine..although I'm not sure it is really a wine since they artificially add chocolate to the wine..but either way, this is an even bigger step into the high residual sugar, "smooth" reds that have been gaining traction in the US and it looks like Australia as well..

Chocolate Red Wine by Chocolate Shop. 

Wine definitely smells of chocolate..there is definitely a red wine there as well but you get big whiffs of chocolate and sugar but not much else.  The wine is definitely "smooth" and made for non wine geeks...It lacks any tannins or any acid but it is definitely smooth.  One thing I thought was surprising is that it didn't have a fake candy taste to it at all...it has a slight dark fruit profile and then this dark syrupy chocolate flavor..  It is quite sweet but I wouldn't say overly sweet.  The wine itself is actually very simple  very easy to drink.  Again, I'm not sure I'd classify this as a wine but I'm sure this would be an enjoyable dessert drink and I has appeal to people looking for a very easy to drink sweet red.  It isn't my style of wine but I do think for what they are trying to achieve, they've done a good job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment