Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Colonial Estate Emigre

So one more Colonial Estate that I picked up dirt cheap...

Colonial Estate Emigre 2006.
A blend of Grenache, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Mouvedre and Muscadelle.  What hits me immediately is oak.  Like the Richard Lander, this wine is really oaky.  Unlike the Richard Lander though, this wine carries it a lot better.  It could be the age, it could be the quality of the fruit, either way, this wine carried it much better than I was expecting it to.  A very plushy wine, deep dark berries, mocha, vanilla and a hint of spice.  It actually has better acidity than I was expecting but not great acidity.  I specifically bought this for guests to drink as something I think they would like.   Even though it isn't the style I'm into it still was very enjoyable.  Very well made, fruit wasn't raisin like at all....If I have a chance to pick more up at the same price I will..

No comments:

Post a Comment