Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

10+ years and you still don't like it?

The topic of Wendouree is always a really divisive one....A lot of people really dislike the style and a lot of people like it...

What I think is odd though is that is one of the few producers where people have been on the mailing list for 10-15+ years only to find they don't really like the wine and never have.....Are you kidding me?

If you, at some point, liked the wine..that's just bad luck..Palates change, it happens.
If you never liked the wine, never had one that you thought was good (even if it was from vintages you didn't have), why would you buy for that long?  I have no idea.

I think one reason people are ok with it is the wines retain their value which means the risk to just hold them are minimal.  They also age for a long time, which means you don't have to drink or get rid of them soon...

But at the same time, what possesses people to buy like that?  

I do know that there are plenty of people buying Wendouree right now that will also be in those same shoes...You just know by the style of wine they like to drink that yeah, these probably aren't for you unless your palate is going to change..

I admit, I do buy some wine that isn't in my preferred style at this point in time...but part of that is because I want variety, part of that is because I know some friends that will enjoy that particular style of wine..but either way I know I will still like the wine.  I might not love the style or want to drink that all the time but I won't buy a wine that sucks or I think sucks...ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment